Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Updated Demos on Facebook

Not to abandon the blog, but I've found it more practical (and bandwidth friendly) to upload the updated demos to the Facebook page lately, rather than posting them here, so if you haven't checked it out, now would be a good time.

To the casual listeners, there is barely anything different when comparing the new demos to the ones I put up a few months ago. Even to the people that have been helping me out by really living with these tracks and giving constant feedback, there is still virtually nothing noticeable. However, I assure you, the mixes are really night and day if you are a musician or sound engineer; I levled out the bass, pumped up the vocals (whether or not that's a good idea is debatable), and generally tightened up the tracks and timing. There was a brief period (over Spring break?) when I was trying to get as much material out as possible. Now I'm cleaning up after myself after I invited you all into my messy musical home.

I've reposted "Dotted Lines and Whispers," "Sleight of Hand," and "Blink." Look for a fairly different "Event Horizon" in the next few days, along with a brand new track in progress.

In seemingly unrelated news, West Gate just released their first full length album, Daylight. It is in your best interest to investigate. They have a couple tasty tracks up on their brand new site.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home