Thursday, April 9, 2009

Event Horizon

Strike while the iron's hot, I've heard. I know it isn't a new song, and if you see me somewhat regularly, the vocal part for this is quite old, but I reworked it much like I reworked "Slight of Hand" yesterday. New vocal recordings, some new parts, and a slightly varied arrangement.

You'll notice (if you haven't already) that I'm starting to work little intros into each song. While these may not stay, the idea is to give me an idea how some of the tracks may flow together. When the album is finished, I really want it to be a seamless listen from the first track to the end.

Now, "Insult Comic Dog" will be known as the far more formal Event Horizon.

According to Wikipedia.org (a website that students should not use as a direct source on any research papers), an event horizon is "a boundary in spacetime, most often an area surrounding a black hole, beyond which events cannot affect an outside observer. Light emitted from beyond the horizon can never reach the observer, and anything that passes through the horizon from the observer's side appears to freeze in place, with its image becoming more redshifted as time proceeds."

In unrelated new, I sent Kurt the multitrack file for "Dotted Lines and Whispers" last night. I'll be sure to post up any new sort of creation that comes out of it.

I think I'm going to take a walk. The weather seems like it's finally catching up with the calendar.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home