Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Maybe it's cold outside and you've got nobody to Bomb

Again, there was some rehearsal this weekend. I purchased a Presonus Firestudio and set it up with my mobile rig, which should complete it for the time being. The case now holds my MacBook Pro, a Furman power conditioner, the Firestudio, and a MOTU MIDI interface.

Kurt and I were talking about how awesome Maroon 5 was live right before I left. I mentioned how a lot of their stuff has a similar vibe of what I'm going for; it's dance and rock. He suggested I cover "Harder to Breathe."

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post this since I didn't actually write the song, but what the heck. It took less than a day and a half to record, really illustrating how it's not the recording process that takes time, by any means, but the writing process.

After trying to sing along with my original version in the car, I
decided it would be a good idea to drop the tuning two half-steps, so
that when I sing over it, it will be in a decent range. Damn you, Adam
Levine. Needless to say, I have not even bothered trying to put down rough vocals yet.

Even though the instrumentation is changed, it's really faithful to the original. I doubt I'll be changing the vocal part, so you can just imagine the original vocal line plopped right over my version and what's in my head will be in yours.

Whether or not I do anything with this, it was a fun exersize. I'd imagine this would turn a few heads at a live show, though.


Here's the instrumental.

Harder to Breathe.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home