Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Poetry

I've recently moved, and falling back into the groove of writing music has proven more difficult than I have anticipated. I have a  feeling that the floodgates will eventually open and I'm going to be coming up with some really great material, but I have no idea when that is going to happen.

In the mean time, I think it's worth mentioning that I have finally started writing poetry again. This is a much bigger deal than it sounds. After working on The Spire virtually every day for almost a year straight, I stopped writing altogether when it was done. I was very proud of it, but I think it ultimately scared me away from writing; I didn't know how to live up to that standard I set with the absurd amount of work I put into it. That, and getting a new job as a first year teacher really stole my focus.

About a year and a half later, I turned on the Nine Inch Nails instrumental album, Ghosts, and fell back into some good habits. I wrote and edited a few hours worth of work down to about 80 words I'm proud to stand behind.

I doubt I'll post poetry on this blog, and I'm not even sure if I'll post individual poems in another section of my site like I used to. I'd love to post more completed works, the way I posted The Spire. I'll see the way they turn out. At this point, I really just need to continue to keep a serious work ethic.

Thanks go to Phoebe for an unintended kick in the pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home