Thursday, October 9, 2008

Insult Comic Dog

For those of you who have been checking out the iLike page, you may have heard Insult Comic Dog (named after went from "Triumphant" to "Triumph" then insult comic dog - Conan O'Brien anyone?). If you haven't, I suggest you check it out in its instrumental form before you go much further.

I've had some really rough vocal concepts laid down for this song for a while now, so today I finally laid down some newer versions with some tweaks. As of right now, I'm really happy with the vocal parts I have. The recordings themselves could be better, but that's what demos are for. The first two verses and their lyrics are set. The third, as of this demo, is just a copy of the first to be a place holder. The bridge, where I repeat "It's just a dream" over and over, still has room for a more prominent vocal part between the repetitions. Maybe that part after the bridge will have a solo. I had a temp one, bt I could easily see this turning into a guitar solo live. I think Kurt and I tried that last time we got together and it sounded good.

I had fun using the vocoder on this track. Also, ultra-auto-tuning for that Cher effect is fun when you are going for the robot feel. Thos choruses, by teh way, have three part harmonies doing "Rainbows in a red sky falling down." Then I doubled those tracks to make six background vocal tracks, and then I doubled the lead and added an additional dropped octave of the vocal lead. Nine vocal tracks on a chorus. That's probably a personal record.

By the way, the harmony vocal part in the verse was Kurt's idea. He rules.

Enjoy.

Insult Comic Dog.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home