Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Destructionism

I have a tendency to get sidetracked when I know I'm supposed to be grading. Fortunately, some good ideas usually come out of my procrastination. I kind of think that my subconscious tries a little harder when it knows that if I don't come up with anything good, I really can't justify continuing to work on music.

So Destructionism, for the time being, is a chorus and a bit of a verse. In all likelihood, the verse (the second half) is going to either completely change or get a massive overhaul. I'm feeling the chorus though.

I guess the title of this one was influenced by Nine Inch Nails' "Survivalism", but I think the comparison ends there.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiff said...

That chorus is a lot brighter than a lot of stuff you've done; it's refreshing. I almost laughed, actually, when I first heard it because it reminded me a lot of a nineties "celebration" song ... I don't know why.

I like the sound of the verse so far ... I'm not quite sure what you think needs an overhaul or if you just plan on adding and polishing later, but I think it's a really great start.

October 7, 2008 at 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home