Saturday, September 13, 2008

Trying Something New

I've had this idea rattling around for a while.

When writing music, sometimes a song come in a wave and is done in a few days. Sometimes a song trickles together, and resembles little more than a loop for a matter of months. But no matter what, the songs never turn out how I expect, and I often find myself wondering how I got from point A to point B.

I've always made it a habit to save several versions of any song I'm working on. That way, I mark my progress and maintain a record of where the song was, at one point, headed.

I always thought that this process may be interesting to an outsider.

Thus, Sounds of Progress was born.

Currently, I'm writing all of my music using Logic Studio and it's software synthesizers and effects, with the exception of Drumkit Superior 2.0. I use several MIDI controllers, including the Novation X-Station 61, M-Audio Trigger Finger, and M-Audio KeyPro 88.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home